Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Memorial

I was returning home after visiting a friend. I had to change two trams to get home and so when I reached the stop where I had to change, I got off. I noticed something new at the tram stop. The road sign next to the stop was looking different. The pole was decorated with flowers. There was a creeper of bouquets running along it. And below on the base there was a board that said " A friend, a sister, a woman, a cyclist died here today. We pray for her peace"
It was a little memorial to the lady cyclist who died in an unfortunate accident. I realized that one person has an impact on so many lives, shares hopes, aspirations, memories with so many. When one dies someone loses a mother, a sister, a daughter, a friend and the list is endless. Life is very valuable be it yours or mine, so lets help everyone live to the fullest and be safe.

No comments: